PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your flying tales sought for BBC One Show
Old 14th May 2013, 23:52
Wisden Wonder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up A weekly show.

What we want is a weekly aviation show, not 'The One Show', we have hours ,and hours, of cooking, doctors, wild life, do-it-yourself, houses to buy/rent/renovate, gardening, farming, sewing, and then we have 30 minutes of motor cars, thank you for Top Gear. We, as aviation persons, aircrew/groundcrew/spotters/ have nothing on any TV programme to cover our subject. I have made noises to the companies to produce or direct same, but due me having no previous knowledge or training in media or journalism I have had no success. My input would be accuracy, and 50 years in aviation from mechanic to flight deck, Cessna to Jumbo, and all bits between. All I would like is 30 minutes a week, as per Top Gear, [without Dave and all the repeats]. Thousands and thousands of people are interested in aviation, from all aspects, especially the engineering side of our business, and I have no doubts at all that the half hour would/could be a major success, so come on TV companies, let's have 'Top Flight', once a week, with not a chef to be seen.