PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWQUAY
Thread: NEWQUAY
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2013, 23:21
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But the NQY & PLH routes were only supposed to be combined for a matter of a few months until a 4th DHC7 was supposed to arrive.

That was 30 years ago that it didn't arrive, BCALBOY talks of a number of factors whilst trafficnotsighted talks of "some of us that were involved with the operation know".

Well I was involved in the operation when the routes became combined those 30 years ago and I still recall the uproar from both the PLH and, particularly, the NQY passengers that their direct services had been taken away from them and that factor still remained until the closure of the PLH route and indeed WOW ... That the passengers wanted/want direct services.

So many years later Flybe arrived on the NQY route offering DIRECT services, OK Flybe don't operate small enough aircraft to appropriately service the route hence why it's probably proved unprofitable for them but they offered what the passengers wanted ... Direct services.

When PLH closed I recall a group getting together announcing that they could PDQ put together a Jetstream operation to recommence services ... Well here's their chance, go get their Jetstream(s) and start with services out of NQY!