PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Little Rissington
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2013, 22:30
chopper2004

Received 101 Likes on 54 Posts
Wethersfield and Dutch F-16C last year

I read in Air Forces Monthly earlier in the year, that last Sept, the Dutch sent over four ship of F-16C and a C-130H to the former RAF now MOD Police Training Wethersfield so it became an active airfield for a day or so.

Can be done, I've ranted over Alconbury on here that remove the containers which contain a lot of crap, and turn it into a good airfield or maybe EUCOM or USAFE could utilise it for support not full time day in day out aircraft ops or even once a year or biannually international airshow. Could conceivably land a U-28 in the area not covered by the containers as seen on Google earth be handy for the residents the other side of the A14 if you get my drift.

With the likes of Lyneham if I am correct and Kinloss still keeping some limited airfield ops in case of emergencies / overspill for Brize and Lossie?

Sculthorpe is kept alive on an ad hoc basis for the Mildenhall SOG folks and RAF even though its been closed for near 2 decades. Ideally could be used as an emergency outlying for Norwich International?

Last edited by chopper2004; 14th May 2013 at 22:33.