PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford standards slip
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2003, 11:49
badattitude781

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi Slugman,

Regarding the question you posted. I have copied the following text from a a posting I wrote yesterday. I hope this helps!

"Hi all,

In response to the original question:
I completed the Integrated ATPL course at Oxford quite recently and am now flying B757.
Yes, they got me through my exams and SOME of their instructors are first class and my fellow students were some of the nicest people I have ever met. However, our course made formal complaints against the school on more than one occasion due to the unsatisfactory standard of service. I have spoken to other students since my time at Oxford and I have heard of similar discontent. It appeared that the problems stemmed from the middle management/CGI.

The second point is whether having the Oxford 'name' on your CV will put you in a better position for employment. I imagine this comes down to the indiviual who is doing the recruiting but most people in the industry seem to indicate that as long as you have the relevant qualification that is all that matters. The same applies for a Modular or Integrated course. Holding the JAA license is ultimately the only thing people look for.

I'm sorry to be so derogatory but I would hate to see anyone else pay the significantly higher fees that Oxford require only to be disappointed."