PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2013, 19:07
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Website Booking Issues - Not Very EASY

Who has been messing about with the EZY flight booking software?

Today, as I have done without any problem in the past, I attempted to book MAN-BFS-MAN on behalf of an elderly neighbour who does not have internet access.

The EasyJet website wasn't having it. Even though I treated the booking as a "new customer" the website recognised my e.mail address as having been used for bookings before (for my own travel) and would not allow me to make a booking for someone else. It kept insisting that I book via the "account" which I use for my own travel under a different surname.

QUESTION ONE: What complete halfwit builds a landmine like this into the purchasing process? This totally unnecessary booking step actually blocks the new transaction from progressing at all. [FLYBE say thanks very much, by the way].

QUESTION TWO: Do EasyJet's management and IT programmers live in households from which only one named passenger ever travels? Have you ever heard of customers booking for other members of the family, or for friends? Why build in a booking step to PREVENT them from buying a flight?

QUESTION THREE: Is any reader aware of any other airline which has inserted a diamond-encrusted howler like this into their own booking engine to prevent customers from completing flight purchases?

PLEA TO MS. MCCALL: Please can you pop round to your IT programmers and give them a hefty whack with your handbag. Then tell them to remove this absurd e.mail address recognition software which PREVENTS other customers from the same household from making EasyJet bookings. If not, please can you explain to the shareholders why this superfluous booking step is so important to you that you are happy to block legitimate customers from spending money with your airline? Thanks.

Just KEEP IT SIMPLE please. You are called EASYJET, after all.