PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any news on Norwegian 787 Operations?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2013, 18:59
CLOUD999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The salary is not €8000 gross maybepilot, 20% difference and an example of more disinformation.
I do not intend to enter into tit for tat dialogue about this package compared to others.
That said is there actually a long haul operation in Europe recruiting DEC at present?
I think the only comparable jobs for non typed DEC long haul are in ME or further East. The only one I have looked at in ME looks slightly better on paper. However once I looked further at cost of living, company culture and lifestyle for me the Norwegian contract looks better financially and lifestyle wise.
There are a few benefits with this contract, others need to be factored in personally.
As I said in previous posts its up to individuals to look at and decide if it works for them. So far I am undecided pending answers to certain questions. All I can say is I am presently employed by a European long haul operation with some considerable seniority and this package is not "appalling " in comparison, just different.
I could be controversial and say that the legacy carrier I presently fly for would be thriving if pilots working for Low cost airlines such as Norwegian, Easy jet etc had not accepted the terms they work under. If that were the case I would not even be looking to work elsewhere. However I am realistic, times change, terms change - adapt to survive.