PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Aerodrome Mk III
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2013, 15:37
nacluv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bingo, evansb! Santa Lucia it is.

The shot was taken by me (in 1996) shortly before boarding the trip to Santiago de Cuba. The back of my deckchair seat broke on the way, and the cockpit door latch was also broken so the door kept swinging around with the movement of the aircraft - and banging into my knees. On start-up, with the cockpit window and rear door open, the whole aircraft filled with the cordite (or whatever it is) smoke from the starter cartridges. Quite an adventure!

On the plus side, the co-pilot asked me up the steps to the flight deck to have a look around, and was about to offer me his seat but for some reason thought better of it. How times change.

On the way back we flew straight through the middle of an electrical storm and we all enjoyed the sight of the pilots wrestling with the columns in an effort to remain aloft. The Co-pilot was almost levering his feet against the instrument panel at one point. Both were out of breath at the other side of the storm. I thought it was very entertaining, but I suspect I was in a significant minority.

Best flight I have ever had.

Over to you, evansb!

Last edited by nacluv; 14th May 2013 at 15:37.