PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus cadet program 2013
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2013, 13:39
Stocious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I as a pilot feel insulted that other professions are considered superior specifically in a pilot selection scheme. It's ridiculous.
do the moral thing and start gathering the funds for flight school yourself. Don't skip the queue.
Oh come on now, play fair! The airlines don't owe you anything!

Are people not allowed to choose to follow other career paths later in life? Perhaps they are even those people who looked at the option of doing their own modular training and the chances of employment afterwards, and chose not to?

Perhaps the cadet scheme exists to attract those people who can bring other things to the table than those with a CPL ME/IR and a couple of hundred hours. If they wanted those people, I'm sure they'd open up recruitment positions to suit. You conveniently overlook the fact that many applicants, and most successful applicants, of such schemes have flying or relevant work experience in one form or other, perhaps even a licence of their own.

It reminds me of those people who stupidly choose to buy a house in the boom and are now rewarded with mortgage relief. Mistakes are not there to be rewarded, they are meant to be acknowledged and learned from.
How ironic.