PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did you enjoy 60 Minutes last night?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2013, 06:01
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'GG' I believe the B.U.S.S feature is optional on busses, ( I think std on the 'Dugong' though) would be great if they where std
Sounds like a brilliant piece of kit not using those pesty ADR's but IR's for AoA & GPS for Alt as well as stall warning protection, something you lose with all ADR's off.
I can just see it now, the two F/O's on that night had the presence of mind to turn all 3 ADR's off to display the B.U.S.S, I don't think so as total confusion was over taking them.

One could say has mankind made a rod for his own back when it comes to technology? Possibly but some said that monoplanes where just a fad not too long ago in the scheme of things as the wing would fall off:-)

I think hand flying today's modern transport Cat jet anymore than really necessary is pretty much frowned upon by most training dept's as it can increase the workload of the PNF considerably especially after T/off with multiple things going on anyway besides having to adjust speed selections, V/S, (if wanting a reduced V/S to be shown on the F/D's to lvl off) turns & diff Alt's not to mention flaps, lights, switches & checklists.
All too hard, I like simple at my age the days of poling around a plane are long gone for me

Wmk2

P.S ..Yr right there 'nitpicker' although Airbus only recommended that the BUSS not be used Abv F250 as I believe it's difficult to manage at higher Alt's although it is still available at all Alt's. I read Air France decided not to fit the BUSS to their fleet, somewhat academic now I guess.

Last edited by Wally Mk2; 14th May 2013 at 06:39.