PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did you enjoy 60 Minutes last night?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2013, 04:21
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'chris' that info already exists in the buses QRH Att/thrust settings under unreliable airspeed.
I'd say most modern day airliners would stay aloft in the crz maintaining an airspeed that's safe with around 2-3 deg's attitude & around 75-80% N1 'till the drivers can explore further.
It's amazing the amonut of time pilots spend at the steering wheel whilst in crz so there's plenty of time to see what's needed for level flight.

I believe that Airbus most likely looked at adding the non flying pilots stick to move duplicating the PF's movements but just at a guess there would be numerous issues associated with that concept such as the sticks aren't in the direct view of the pilots looking fwd or at the inst panel (not to mention they are black against a black background) unlike a conventional control column &
if any lose items where present in the area of the stick (sufficient surface area there for all sorts of crap!) it may inhibit or at least restrict the control sticks movement.
The concept to me is very good as it does provide for a uncluttered feel/look to the cockpit & allowing a tray table which is very handy for playing cards, computer games (outside of the big one yr currently playing) & stuffing yr face with goodies

Wmk2