PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - pilot e-logbook
Thread: pilot e-logbook
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2013, 00:16
autoflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also wrote my own logging program nearly 20 years ago, with alerts when approaching FTLs. Moving around on contract work meant that yearly, and other limitations always varied in the new country. Since it was my own work, it was easy to adjust the alerts.

Having every minute of availability accessible meant that sometimes it was possible to offer a rostering solution that enabled a flight to operate. The immediate downside for my company was knowing when I could not operate. As soon as the flight roster was issued, my scheduled flight times were entered. Following each flying day, the times were adjusted to actual, giving adjusted forecast FTL margins. I just could not imagine doing all that manually!

Normally admin and joining procedures on a new contract mean there is a delay before flying commences and FTLs calculations effectively can also start fresh, but not in every case. Never had a company ask for last 365 days of flight times to track FTL compliance. Finally it is up to each pilot.

I expect the best of the e logbooks would now track FTLs and that rostering would also treat such matters much more seriously.