PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4 Ryanair aircraft declare fuel emergency at same time
Old 13th May 2013, 21:36
bluecode

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where did I say that, racedo? Where do I imply it? I don't believe anything of the sort.

I actually find a great deal of the anti Ryanair rhetoric irritating and actually untrue. Some of it, however is fully deserved.

My point which you chose to ignore is that this is not some kind of isolated case of a group of individuals with a grudge. I cannot think of an airline, no indeed any major company that has a worse PR image among the general public, media and the rest than Ryanair. Whether deserved or not it exists. As it happens, I'm friends with several Ryanair Captains, some longstanding senior employees. They have no illusions about the company they work for and yes they share my embarrassment around the antics of the management.

It isn't necessary, sure yes they have the right to pursue people who lie about Ryanair. But that's to ignore the elephant in the room. The best that anyone can say about them is that 'I've never had a problem with them.' As for their pilots, well the numerous threads here on that subject and on other forums should have informed you by now.

Sure they've managed to silence a few people but all that does is reinforce the image of a big bad ruthless company stamping on any criticism. The best way to silence the critics is simply to mount a charm campaign. Whatever that costs, it has to be cheaper than keeping their lawyers chasing liars.