PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Raaf Atc Darwin
Thread: Raaf Atc Darwin
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2003, 04:31
RENURPP

Received 33 Likes on 8 Posts
Diving Duck

Yep I am sure it is referring to ERSA, my point is that if you use JEPS then you normally won't have ERSA and hence the reference is useless.
No different to me referring you to section 3 para 1.7 of the FTTR

NFR,
not to annoy you whilst still on leave but for any body else who may be interested and following,

I would guess that under radio failure conditions that you would commence straight-in approach to the duty to land. If weather conditions were such that you REQUIRED to conduct a circling approach, that would be your call. If you had a radio failure, ATC will not be able to tell you not to do one anyway! All it means is that ATC cannot ISSUE you a CLEARANCE to conduct a circling approach. As I said though, I am away at the moment and I gather there has been some guidance given to ATC on what they can and can't do in regards to degraded runway lighting and approches available.
That is just my point. Unless we receive a "green light" we must carry out a circling approach according to Jeps AU-4 para 3.2.6 Actions at Minima Under "Radio Failures". Whether ATC wants instructs us to or not.

Last edited by RENURPP; 23rd Feb 2003 at 09:47.