PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - flags of convenience
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2013, 20:05
racedo

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Bet you haven't got the balls to name which Legacy companies you believe have questionable safety standards or any facts to back it up, which puts you in more or less the same camp as other who post crap about an individual airline culture.
I read the T&Cs of this site so why waste my income on lawyers fees when not required.

I think one of the reasons the Lo Co sector has been so safe thus far is the new kit most are flying and the sheer frequency of flight and type of airports operated into really keep people on their toes.

But below the surface there have been a lot of close calls, in other words luck was on their side, it wont always be so, with that in mind it is useful if people flag up unsafe practices or work patterns/pressures, I'm not sure that P2F is any less safe than some of the very long commutes to bases well away from what most would call home, It is my personal view that no sick pay is the biggest threat to safety, but thankfully limited to a few companies at least for now, it should be outlawed throughout Europe, like wise a ratio of 75/25% employed -v- contract should be the min/max, that will cover any reasonable seasonality, what we have now is abuse.
Again your opinion and thats it.