PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4 Ryanair aircraft declare fuel emergency at same time
Old 13th May 2013, 18:26
Horatio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are 2 threads, interrelated and running concurrently here on essentially the same topic. Having read through a total of 45 pages combined, had to make some comment, so won't repeat what I already said in the other, so go read if at all vaguely interested.

I shake my head continuously at many comments, in the knowledge of what has transpired, for failure to see the big picture.

A very big airline, with enormous muscle and huge pockets has clearly drawn a line in the sand and said 'enough is enough'. Like it or not, they perceived they had the right and ability and the law behind them to do what they have done and so have done. Why anyone is shocked beggars belief. It was truly inevitable. If you bad mouth a guy at the bar, you know you will likely get a smack in the mouth, end of matter. Bad mouth a big company, then you won't need Emergency Out Patient treatment, but the cost is likely to be far greater!

Lots of bad feeling about the airline involved, and the PR implications, blah blah, but again see the reality. Airline in question had 79.4M passengers year to Apr 13. Do they share the views of the small vocal element here? Clearly not!

Some people have said they are embarrassed when they see an IR registered aircraft. I'm more embarrassed to be seen as a pilot if the majority outside of this cosy little bubble took the vocal view that they represented the majority of pilots!

Hehe, will now head for cover for the inevitable onslaught form the vocal few!