PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If given the chance..
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2013, 14:25
clicker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If given the chance..

If you were given the chance what aircraft would you like to fly and did you ever get to fly it/them.

Myself never got the chance to fly at all but would list three types.

For world travel etc it would be the Lockheed Constellation, I prefer the longer versions but fell in love with the preserved MAC L-749 that visited the UK a few years ago. I love large piston aircraft having been lucky enough to see them flying in real life. Only "moving" Connie I saw was in San Juan back in the 80's. Grumbling, smoking engines, squeaking brakes...Lovely. Did see a few Connies in the UK but not flying Later that trip visited what was known as corrosion corner at Miami that was full of piston aircraft, great!

For sheer power and pure grunt then give me a Phantom please. I was very lucky lad on the 15 Sept 1990 when myself and a friend visited Wattisham to see the Tombs for the 50th BoB anniversary flypast. Still have a copy of the op order that enterprising folks at Honington were selling when we went to see the Tonkas

For lovely lines and delightful handling a Spitfire V or IX, oh boy would loved to have flown one. Even tried to get a flight in one of the 2 seaters but never got there as the only one that could be used was in the states as the CAA rules about hire and reward meant no joy for the ones here.

Last edited by clicker; 13th May 2013 at 14:28.