PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford standards slip
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2003, 00:14
slugman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oxford Questions

I was wondering if anyone else is in a similar position with regard to Oxford as my experiences so far have been less than reassuring. I am due to begin full time ground school in April and several things have begun to concern/annoy.

- They have increased the price of there full time ground school without actually telling anyone, including those who have paid and have received invoices for £1000 more than the course is marketed for. (admittedly this includes £700 of exam fee’s) but it is nevertheless taking the p*ss !

- Then there are the small things which on there own are insignificant, but do begin to mount up and look seriously unprofessional ! Phone numbers on their documents are incorrect - which makes phoning them up to ask why the price increase amongst other things v. annoying. - Also, responses on the phone were ‘snotty’ without a hint of an apology ! And the ‘test’ question paper they sent out contained errors ! Need I continue !?!

- On top of this there is the general BS they continually come out with, which is almost laughable and ultimately it gets boring - “we know everyone and can get you a job blah blah”. I understand that Oxford have to market there products but I wonder if they realise how ridiculous they sound ?

I’m know this post may make me sound like a picky person but god forbid any of us who don’t dot our ‘i’ s and cross our ‘t’s (difficult not to on word processor I admit !) on any applications, letters etc in this industry ! Any info/feedback appreciated.

Cheers
Slug

Last edited by Wee Weasley Welshman; 23rd Feb 2003 at 07:03.