PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4 Ryanair aircraft declare fuel emergency at same time
Old 13th May 2013, 09:38
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can detest an airline for many reasons. But saying that it is unsafe is something different , especially where it is not sustained by facts .

In my line of job ( ATC) you see around the world different management styles and structures .Some management rule by fear and sanctions, if one make a single mistake he is punished .Controllers often hate management. But does it means unsafe operations ? Not really.
Some other management styles have an open , just culture, no fear of reporting mistakes , can be unionized, or even self regulating, working with management hand in hand, etc.. . Are they much safer ? Not really . At least the incidents facts and figures show no real differences. I suspect the same is valid in many other safety related industries.

You can probably detest Ryanair for many reasons ( I myself avoid using them because I do not like the way they treat me as a pax, and the constant bravado of his CEO against controllers ) but claiming that Ryanair is unsafe is not what I would do and not what I have seen. (so far)