PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 13th May 2013, 05:50
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spirit and intent – Wuzzat?

In all probability Annexe 19 will only be honoured only in the breach; even a fairly sedate amble through the response requires the use of sunglasses (protection from mirror glare) and a snorkel (anti smoke inhalation). The outstanding 'hard points' are few and very far between; the author has managed to feed the ICAO 'few words' (meaning much) back as fluffed up text, which hints and teases at some form of substance, but leaves the reader with a handful of fluff, puff and SFA else. No idea what that little effort cost – but I would like to see a plan, some guidelines and protocols. Is it only six short months (or so - Sarcs??) until it's in. Lots of work for the boys and girls to do, dreaming up excuse me 's and words that will meet the legal requirements, but firmly apply the Strictly no liability policy; you know, the norm for any form ICAO compliance. Lord knows they have had plenty of practice doing just that. Maybe Wodger could show them the way (being the arch wonder wordsmith and all).

Thanks for the copy P18 – I have adopted the CASA system, in my library there is now a healing cupboard. I will tenderly place the document on a special shelf, with all the other documents waiting the cupboards magical healing properties to work and make it a viable, vibrant useful document. There's quite a queue in there, so it could take another 25 years or more. Ah well, the Ox is slow, but the earth is patient...

Last edited by Kharon; 13th May 2013 at 05:54.