PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did you enjoy 60 Minutes last night?
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2013, 23:08
Jack Ranga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you enjoy 60 Minutes last night?

A very tabloid story on the Air France A330 accident. It did however bring into the mainstream media a story that needs to be brought to the public's attention. How qualified is the crew of your aircraft? Personally I make an informed choice about who I and my family fly with, I'm lucky, I know a little about how airlines recruit and train their pilots. There are some airlines I would not step foot on.

How did any of those pilots get an airline gig when they could not recognise a stalled condition?

What is this company doing in their sim checks?

Is there such a thing as a stall stick position in an Airbus? It's all well and good for a computer to override a pilot's control input if it's 'outside the envelope' but this aircraft still ended up in a stalled condition. Where was the computer then?

I still for the life of me cannot understand why an aircraft manufacturer would have different indications concurrently through the control stick i.e. one pilot has full back stick and the other pilot cannot feel this through his stick...........

There are a huge amount of issues associated with this accident, the mind boggles at the implications.