PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 12th May 2013, 20:51
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sarcs #1721 –"No I disagree that the timing is poor, the timing politically couldn’t be more tantalisingly exquisite if the relevant pollies have the necessary factual damning evidence at their fingertips."
Agreed – free kick city, with likes of Entsch and others as cranky as they are – I'd expect some fireworks, even if just for the fun of it.

Oleo # 1722 -"Wow. You need to 'think' about that? You are the 'man in charge', Mr 'finger on the pulse' yet you can't answer the most basic of questions without having to think about it? Hmmmmm. Definitely somebody not in tune with his portfolio, and if he isn't in tune then neither is his 'Minister for bad teeth and hair'!"
Ain't this one of the problems though – the bloody 'aviation department' only "monitors and reports". Now I am not one to spare dear ol Albo – not at all. But, the creatures reporting to him will be the same useless lot reporting to the next minister and that's a worry. Albo is clueless anyway but between the toothless tigers on one hand and the spin kings on the other – you could, on a feel good day, allow the silly bugger a sympathetic dribble; if he was on fire.

It is to be hoped that when Annexe 19 kicks in (that'll be fun to watch) the DoIT mob can remember how to use the keyboard and write the SSP; can't wait. If past performance, ministerial inertia and lassitude don't kill it stone dead; the GWM will. "Annexe 19? – SSP? Yeah we have one: Oh, it's very nice, here use my mirror to read it".

One of the major stumbling blocks towards nirvana Annexe 19 would be that not only would James have been exonerated, but the whole motley judgement panel would be knee deep in their own pony pooh. Look at the flogging Mick Quinn got when he quite rightly stated in the Senate, (my paraphrasing) - the ATSB report’s substitution test showed that the unsafe procedure that nearly killed everyone on NGA, is endemic across Australian Civil Aviation. Therefore everyone didn’t realise the risk, not just Dom.

This boys and girls is the problem we face. Perhaps with luck, in another 25 years we can get thing sorted– Gods spare me that long....

Last edited by Kharon; 12th May 2013 at 20:59. Reason: Decode Gobbles email annexe 19 incoming data.