PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Announcement May 9th
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2013, 09:05
happygilmore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to laugh at all these comments being made about a bonus.

We, as a pilot group at EK, are a bunch of pansies. All we do is complain and hide behind anonymous postings on pprunes. Does it suck that we did not get a bonus that we were all entitled too? HECK YEAH. But in the end we as a pilot group will do nothing about it. People will say they won't go into discretion, single engine taxi, they will call sick more, and not do anything to help this company moving forward. It is all BS. Not one of you will do as you say on pprune. I bet there was no increase of sick calls the last few days. Why? because EK management has put the fear into every pilot here and they are afraid to get called into the office. BOO HOO.... I just flew with a guy that has not called sick in 4 years. How is that possible? it is not. He is flying sick cause he is afraid to get his name on that "list"......

Has there ever been a pilot that refused to go into discretion? I doubt it. With the runway closures about to occur, most India night turns will all be into discretion every night, but will anyone step up and refuse? NO. We were once giving an OFP that put us indiscretion and the captain just stood by and accepted it, and he said that when I became cpt i would understand. Thats crap that the company has made people scared to the point of accepting an illegal ofp. Cause in the end, if something happens on that trip, EK will hang you out to dry.

There is strength in numbers, but unfortunately there are only a select group of pilots that continually stand up for the rights of others. How many pilots call sick when they are actually sick fatigued? By not calling fatigued does nothing but help management in their data collecting. Management says we are not fatigued. Why? Because EK pilots are too scared to call in fatigued cause they do not want to get into trouble. So therefore, we are not fatigued.

People complain about about missing bdays and holidays with families, yet do not call in sick once in 3 years. Great, you are a excellent employee and the company with award you with NOTHING.... Now I am not saying to call sick whenever you feel like it, but stop complaining about things you can control. Its called roster management. But once again, pilots are too scared to do this..

The yearly bonus is a thing of the past. Get used to it. But stop hiding behind a forum and be a man (or woman) and follow thru with your threats or do not make them at all. Until we as a group come together, nothing will ever change..