PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Announcement May 9th
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2013, 23:45
a747jb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In a company the size of Emirates (airline or not) its not the ones that leave that cost the company the most money, its the ones that stay and are pissed off. What do I mean by this? 400 pilots leaving cause they are pissed off cost a lot less money than 3500 pilots uploading an extra tonne of gas every flight because they are pissed off. 3000 cabin crew leaving are far cheaper to replace than 16000 cabin crew letting all the passengers know about all the free things (think ear plugs and playing cards) that are on the airplane specifically for the customers and never get used because our pax didn't know it was there. They will now simply because the crew are pissed off and want the company to make less money since they aren't going to share anyways. Is the crew doing anything wrong, no, the passengers in theory paid for these things. When they are removed, passengers will switch carriers (its the little things that keep frequent flyers). 5000 ramp workers leaving cost a lot less money that 20000 ramp workers dragging their feet and causing every flight to be delayed by 10 minutes every day. Again, passengers will leave for other airlines if they are always delayed. You get the idea. This company's now problem isn't the ones that are going to leave, its the ones that are going to stay and be pissed off. And I am really sad to say that right now that is vast majority of everyone below a SVP level no matter what department you work in, even the boys and girls in the office. I can't say I am surprised, but I am very very disappointed. 1 announcement may have just brought this company to its knees for the near future. A small token, even a very small one (1 week bonus) would have gone a tremendous distance to say "you, our employees, are still important to us" Those days are over at EK and in fact most of the corporate world in general.