PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 11th May 2013, 21:25
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hart to Hart.

Ziggy # 1715 –"I absolutely do see this time as a golden opportunity to unite, write, overwhelm and support an industry that is crumbling due to muted voices that are unable to pursue justice and safety as fear has become a barrier."
Speculative venture: Zig, most Pollys will be head down arse up trying to convince the electorate that pigs might fly. A stream of letters, emails or the other things done with mobile phones will only be a pain, probably even have some kind of negative reflex – "Piss off kid, I'm busy". Perhaps, and it's only perhaps a letter to the Committee stating that "we the people" have had a guts full of the past and current incumbents, the lunacy they espouse and the catamites they employ. We want better, much better than that. Accountability would be a great place to start.

E.g. Clearly – the new maintenance regulations are a crock, AMROBA tried to make sense of them and has some ideas on how to fix the problem. If the old system of open consultation (or similar) was brought in the CASA could have free access to 'expert' industry opinion and then, perhaps things would get done, properly and on time. The engineering industry is limping along, in the dark through a mine field. Now that is a dangerous game.

Ziggy # 1715 –"Shift all this knowledge and concern into reality with pride that you are proud pilots helping your own industry to be what it should be. Safe, robust and open communication with the Chiefs. Change, change, change.
In primus, there must be a willingness on both sides to enshrine integrity, communication and cooperation. To do this we need to make sure that whoever is in charge has at least a semblance of honesty, a drop of humanity, is part way sane and understands how to achieve clarity. It's not such a big ask. This is a good industry, there are some world class operators, first rate, honest toilers at the coal face; and, nearly all are involved for 'love of the game'. They deserve much better than to be treated as criminal class, bullied and cowed into submission to protect livelihood or investment.

A chap like Hart (or Chapess) known for integrity, with a stated objective and a commitment to cleaning up the yard would allow this industry to move forward; then maybe we could have a progress score instead of a body count. It would be so nice to do a Sunday post praising the regulator for some innovative safety measure; or introducing a non toxic series of regulation; or, applauding the Australian ICAO team for leading the way on a reform; or even just being able to admit in a bar overseas that you are Australian aircrew, without the usual sympathetic head shakes. It's doable, but think on; standing about like yarded sheep only gives the dogs a breather.

No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.

John Donne 1624. (interesting fellah).

Phelan – poses the question at Proaviation. Barrier is a classic case, like Quadrio a ticking bomb. Tick tock, indeed.

Last edited by Kharon; 11th May 2013 at 22:03.