PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Announcement May 9th
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2013, 17:04
Dune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
adolf hucker:

One of the most unique, well versed and inventive posts on Pprune in years. I applaud your efforts. Well done Sir.

Having been in this company for many, many years and not one who indulges in the daily banter that is Pprune; I am stunned and appalled by the myopic, self serving corporate ethos displayed by our current "management" team (a term I use very loosely given the utter lack of management/leadership skills this current group has shown they possess over the past few years).

It is obvious to me this management team has forgotten this is a SERVICE industry and not a fuc#ing factory. As such, this company has forgotten its employees are a balance sheet ASSET; equally as valuable on the airlines balance sheet as any aircraft, building, computer system or executive lounge. An investment in each is required in order to maximize ROI, efficiency and productivity in a service industry such as aviation (perhaps I need to donate my subscription to Harvard Business Review to one of our "management" as they seem to have lost their way since grad school?).

Instead,these "EK geniuses" have determined those who actually deliver the bottom line in this service industry (ie. every single employee on the front line who actually makes this operation work day-to-day from the check-in staff, baggage handlers, cargo loaders, cleaning staff, caterers, station staff, engineers, cabin crew, pilots, etc, etc, etc) to be more a liability than an asset and that the fixed capital assets they invest in will ultimately deliver them to their "airline nirvana".

I strongly disagree and believe disregarding one of your most important service industry "balance sheet" bottom line assets (YOUR EMPLOYEES) is a stunning mistake.

I have been a proud contributer to the success of Emirates for a very long time. I cannot say what others might do. I can only say my personal contribution going forward will be SIGNIFICANTLY less than it was before this event. Not because I personally needed a "bonus" (believe me, I do not) but because fellow Emirates employees who are much less fortunate than I have worked their tails off for this company and have not been duly rewarded. I despise flagrant corporate greed displayed in such an abhorrent manner.

You each need to look into your soul to see where you stand.

Dune

Last edited by Dune; 11th May 2013 at 17:10.