PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Announcement May 9th
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2013, 10:12
adolf hucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And Lo!

There was a great wailing and gnashing of teeth. The Prince's subjects beseeched unto him and said "Lord, thou promised us but 6 months gone that we would share in the bounteous harvest. Yet, now thou giv'st the fruit of our labours to to the King who is in a spot of financial bother. What giveth, oh Lord?"

The Prince spake unto them, in a sweet and honeyed tongue. "Oh humble scrotes, dost thou not know that It Takes a World?" And, moving swiftly on, "Verily, the harvest was not half bad but we have battl'd with demons and had to give many coins to feed our beasts. Some of the harvest was promis'd as a dowry to join unto the Kingdom of Quonnus and some unto the begetters of 'Greetings the Morrow'. But fear not, my beloved workers, next year's harvest will be a right corker, no doubt, inshallah. Thou shalt have thy rewards if only thy can deliver 120%."

But the people were fearful and there was discord. "Lord, thou didst tell us we were thy chosen people and our riches would multiply beyond belief. Not only that, Lord, but our needs are many. Our women are weak and cannot work so we must pay servants one fortieth of our bounty to tidy up a bit and look after the kids. Plus there's a new Land Cruiser which will not buyest itself."

The Prince spake softly, as unto a child, "Thou art not my chosen people. Thou are unto me as the slaves are unto you that tend thy households and gardens. Speak not of your own greed but think of thy deeds to those less fortunate. Besides, if thou don't like it, thou can head back to the wastelands from whence thou came."

The people were crying and there was much wringing of the hands. A great cry went up, "Blimey, we've been rumbled. We should have listened to the prophet, Adolphe (pbuh), when he spake unto us and told us the Prince's land was not all it's cracked up to be."

But Adolphe had left the land of Silk and Money and was journeying to the place of his birth. For he had been wise with the Prince's bounty and had not given it to the innkeeper come Friday brunch, nor had he kept many slaves to wipe his ass or his oxen.

Here endeth the first lesson.