PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 11th May 2013, 00:24
Ziggychick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opportunity

Hi All,

Just to get it right, 4Corners may have been part of the catalyst, but there was much more going on behind the scenes.

The audit from CASA they had was 45 pages or so, I FOI's the same report that had 103 pages that were very damning to CASA which is now in the hands of the FAA.

Once the senate recommendations are out, it would be a golden opportunity to send correspondence from pilots, with names, to either our Minister or Shadow. Overwhelm them with the volume of concern.

The information on here is valuable and needs to be sent directly to them.
I understand that Albanese has no interest, I've emailed and FOI'd conversations between him and others, the response was pathetic, 4 letters which is an absolute crock. He never responded to my personal email either, silence speaks volumes. Either way, I believe inundate them.

I have a journalist from a high circulating newspaper who has already received the ok from my legal team and he is ready to pounce on May 23rd.
The more pilots that grab this opportunity with both hands and use the attention post Senate findings, the more chance for change. Rather than staying cocooned in cyber world with an alias, tell the bastards what they need to hear without fear.
Sensationalism via the media will mushroom this case and here is where opportunity presents itself for pilots to have their say. Instead of the attitude of "what's the point, nothing changes" flip it to there IS a bloody point and we need to be proactive with our genuine concerns.
After the Senate, it would be great to see a large number of letters/information sent to the Minister/s office. Everyone writes, me/you pilots need justified action, not just words.
I know the history of Senates but my optimism is justified. As I believe if you could all just expose yourselves (I know that is difficult), not on Pprune, but to our ministers, then that's a contribution to your own industry that is in trouble.
Writing will create conversation and the occasional laugh on this great site, but it is now an opportunistic time for action and to transfer the information and concerns to those who need to hear it.

I hope I have not offended anyone, if I have, I apologise.

I absolutely do see this time as a golden opportunity to unite, write, overwhelm and support an industry that is crumbling due to muted voices that are unable to pursue justice and safety as fear has become a barrier.
CASA and the ASTB have a lot to answer for as they put so much pressure on pilots to remain silent. That's not safe. I am a product of their tactics and so are many others. Even though it seems like a hopeless task, it is true that in the midst of difficulties, lies opportunity.

Shift all this knowledge and concern into reality with pride that you are proud pilots helping your own industry to be what it should be. Safe, robust and open communication with the Chiefs. Change, change, change.

Take a chance and take care,
Ziggy