PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Announcement May 9th
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2013, 18:26
Narrow Runway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jack and Outlaw

The simple reality is that the management don't give a sh1t.

They think they can get away with not rewarding you and are prepared to take their chances in that gamble.

They think you are replaceable and aren't really bothered currently, as there are few decent places to go to, even if you did resign in mass numbers.

The management are totally confident that the places you COULD leave EK for are in fact worse than EK itself. Therefore, people may piss and moan, but they won't leave in large numbers.

As for single engine taxi, low drag approaches and extra fuel. In time, acceptance of fate will set in and the norm (management demands) will be adhered to. Not many pilots have the appetite, or backbone, to become a ME management target. And we are, generally, a pretty mild mannered bunch.

Therefore, nothing will change drastically I feel.

I wish you would all get a MASSIVE bonus. That would perhaps wake up other management to do the same, as it would indicate a staff shortage in reality.

However, I've just been to the home of "Flexicrew" for an LPC this week. CTC it is called.

I can tell you that they have a veritable sausage factory of capable, willing and able cadets coming through the machine. These kids are literally queuing up to get in the RHS of an Airbus with no permanent contract for easyJet. And that's after getting into £100,000 of debt to do so.

Imagine what they'd do to get in an A330/340 or 380. And do not even tell them you've got B777's.........