PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SWO AND HIS STICK
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2013, 14:16
Spit the Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After being given 'the SWO stick' for a temporary 7 month spell, I ventured outside with what I thought was the correct hand to carry a SWO stick, the left! Therefore leaving my right hand to salute. It was quickly pointed out to me that I was carrying it in the wrong hand as you tucked it under your left arm-pit to salute, therefore it had to be the right hand. So I preceded to carry it in the right hand with the silver Warrant Badge facing forward. Wrong again!! I was corrected a final time and told it had to be the pointy end facing forward, so when you smartly swung it around and tucked it under your left arm-pit, the silver Warrant Badge would be facing the officer you were saluting. That will teach them for putting a bloke on flying pay in SHQ, what do I know? Incidentally, a week later, the CASWO phoned me up to ask how I was doing in my 'new' post, I said fine thanks, he replied; "I understand you've been carrying the stick in the wrong hand and in the wrong direction", I said how on earth he knew that, he replied; "I'm CASWO!".