PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help needed identifying someone who is potentially lying about RAF experience
Old 10th May 2013, 11:21
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
BGG

Not always the case, depends on the nature of the project is Tuc. I guess you're assuming that this is the type you're familiar with.

Apologies. I just assumed it was an aircraft or aircraft equipment contract. While the policy I spoke of has never been rescinded, I do know, for example, that DLO IPTs stopped implementing it and many at AbbeyWood ignored it. Nevertheless, it is mandated primarily because it is the means by which company staff are vetted when granted financial delegation to commit MoD funding without having to seek approval every time. Such appointees are only nominated by the company, but formally approved by MoD, who have the right to hire and fire. The same policy forms the basis of GOCO type contracts. Hence, it is imperative the CVs be correct and the regs require them to be checked regularly. Used to be every year, but I know we went to 3 years when satisfied there was continuity. The only time I ever sacked someone! His CV was accurate, but he was not properly qualified.