PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help needed identifying someone who is potentially lying about RAF experience
Old 10th May 2013, 09:53
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by spimbolligan
I've just spent some time tracking my father down via the Gazette and it's a bit too time consuming for my needs.
I was a bit suspicious of the OP given the poster's low thread count however I am inclined to believe he is genuine.

However I am surprised that someone who has used the London Gazette finds it too time consuming. Compared with the time posting here on pprune it was lightning fast. In another post he mentioned the name of a flt lt. In advanced search I entered the name and it immediately returned his RAF details.

In the case of the OP, unless the man has a common name, you should soon narrow it down. You have a year period, he is supposedly GD/P, if chopped he may have re-branched and that would be shown too. It should also show if his commission was relinquished, terminated, or retired.