PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Announcement May 9th
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2013, 03:28
Lubeoil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As per previous posters I must say that I am very disappointed (but not surprised) by the news from our great leaders. When I put on my sensible head I may conclude that it's not personal and only business. If this is indeed the case then I use my business basics to add up the numbers to decide if this job is now financially competitive with other airlines. Personally I feel that the profit share was required to bring the wages here up to a level to compete elsewhere. I would be interested to see how the numbers comare with the other airline up the road. You really have to look at the pros and cons, put a number on each of these, and decide if its worth the financial package. I must say that without a decent annual profit share then my answer is no. I often hear the old chestnut about "we are lucky to have a job" and "there are no jobs back in my own country". I am afraid that as long as management are aware of this sentiment we will continue to be shafted, not only financially but in a continuing erosion of respect for the workforce. I believe that many of us won't be going above and beyond to help out the company in future. Pre briefing oneself with gabi, jumping in the company car to work before actual pick up time, arriving at briefing room earlier than our already fictional briefing time along with all the previous stated operational cost saving measures are certainly something I will be giving great consideration.