PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay away from Air China
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2013, 20:52
737_driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely an interesting thread guys/ gals,

I am Not a contract pilot and I don't claim to know a lot about the contract world. I fly for an airline directly, but this thread is definitely a good read. Many years ago, the airline I was flying for shut-down. A lot of us were left scrambling to find work. Parc aviation was the only company that flew out to meet us and offer their services for possible over seas contract work. From what I can remember the Parc Recruiters put on a great presentation. Lucky enough, most local airlines were hiring, and most of us stayed in Canada with the exception of a few that went to the sandbox or did contract work to stay in the left seat on type. One thing that comes to mind after reading this thread is, the lack of Pilot Representation. It seems to me that theses airlines in China Etc, wouldn't be contracting out for pilot services unless they really had too. Ie, pilot shortage for Captains and some f/o. If this is the case, correct me if I'm wrong, you guys/ gals have the upper hand. No? You have the experience and the pilot licence. The Carrier is simply renting your experience and most importantly renting your licence for a period of time i.e 1-5 yr. contracts. It boggles me why some of you are getting for the better lack of terms, "screwed" by the carrier or agent. Why don't you Epats demand a third party to hold a lump-some of money 20-30 thousand US dollars retention money from the agent before any contract is signed so you can afford to bail and get back home just in case the carrier or the agent decided not fulfill the contract. Subject to be returned to the agent when the contract is fulfilled and complete. It sounds like some carriers are praying on some, with no way out. This should not be happening in this day in age, and theses company's should be Black Balled from the contract pilot community. Just my thoughts. I look forward to your comments, fly safe.