PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA ATPL Theory - most difficult subjects
Old 9th May 2013, 13:13
packo1848

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd advise splitting the exams a little more evenly, I did mine like the poster above in around 6 months and 2 sittings, splitting the subjects into 8 and 6 (1st and 2nd sittings respectively).

As has been said many times on here before, use the QB as much as you need, but learn the subject as a priority. My strategy was to read and learn the material as best I could then take a handful of practice exams to identify weak areas, then head back to the CBT/books to re-read. Having done that I would begin sitting smaller exams from the QB based around the areas identified, using books as necessary until I was perfectly happy in those areas. Then repeat the whole process from the full practice exams.

The need to know the subjects was highlighted on my CPL skills test when out of the blue the examiner was asking q's on air law during the briefing, and how the trim/balance tab on the arrow moves in different situations during the walkround. Needless to say had I learned the QB instead of the material I might not have passed!

Last edited by packo1848; 9th May 2013 at 13:15.