PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2013, 11:26
goudie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since my tour in Cyprus 50 yrs. ago, and introduction to BBQ'ing, I have always BBQ 'ed on charcoal and have never considered gas and currently use a well used kettle type. However last w/e on a visit to a well known diy store I was rather taken by the shiny new gas BBQ's on display. Somewhat seduced by the 'special offers' and encouraged by SWMBO I purchased one. One hour to assemble, just in time to fire up for an early evening nosh of local sausages and rib-eye steak mit salad. ''Won't be long dear'' I cry, as I pour a glass of IPA. Assured the beast was up to temp. I placed the sausages and steaks on the grill. The first thing I noticed was no sizzle and no appetizing smoky aroma. After 40 mins on max heat the sausages still weren't very brown and the steak was just about cooked! We weren't impressed! Next day I returned it and got my money back!
Forgive me BEagle for I have sinned, but I have seen the error of my ways and never again will I be tempted to cook using 'the vile fuel made from the bottled breath of Satan's bottom...'