PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Twitterati.
Thread: Twitterati.
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2013, 10:30
Eclectic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have some experience of T****** with thousands of followers and regular chats with household name politicians.

The trick is that you build your own community. So firstly identify someone who is already engaged in discussions that interest you. Then follow them. Then go through their followers and following lists and follow lots of them yourself. Doing this you will find more people at the centre of your subject. Follow their followers and following lists. And so on. Follow a few hundred. Then when their tweets start arriving in your timeline you can unfollow the ones who are superfluous. Going forwards it is best to dynamically add new follows as you find good ones and unfollow the bad ones, constantly improving your community. Don't go too big or you won't be able to keep up. Don't go too small or there won't be enough activity.

Now you need followers! Many people you follow will reciprocate. You can tell real world friends about your @ identity. Maybe a thread here with people listing theirs would be good. But the best way to get followers is by tweeting. If your tweets resonate with people then they will follow you. Sometimes I get a dozen new followers from one t****. Good t****s will be re****ted and suddenly you are reaching thousands, tens of thousands, even millions of people. The reach can be amazing.

I have two different t*****r identities for two different areas of interest. The two communities I have built are utterly different. That is the magic, constantly working on perfecting your community to fit your needs.

I will happily answer any questions if I can.

Last edited by Eclectic; 8th May 2013 at 10:35.