PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargo Crash at Bagram
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2013, 23:12
sidman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The pictures of the MATV's on pallets being loaded in the plane are the way they have been built and loaded since the first one was loaded in a 747-200 as a test 4 years ago. In the past 4 years I would have to guess that almost 1000 of them have moved on a 747 with out a problem. Something was done different this time. Maybe they were not loaded on Military pallets this time and commercial pallets were used. Maybe being on two short legs with a high pitch T/O was enough to get one or two moving. We do not know.. All I know is that I never want to see something like that again. To all the pilots on this site. Go down stairs and take a good look at what your loadmasters ( I am one) are doing. Grab straps and pull on them check locks. A good loadmaster will never get insulted. I tell the crews I fly with to check and double check my work. If they see something that concerns them speak up. No one is perfect even after 23 years.. The main goal is for us all to get home to our loved ones. Or just to the hotel. Lets see what the final outcome of this is and learn from it. Fly safe everyone..