PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 7th May 2013, 22:00
Tritzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the NTSO waiting out there:

If youre not from Qatars new MPL scheme, nor from CTC or their own QAC, forget it trying to get a DOJ anytime soon.

I passed my selection in Nov. 2011 and got an update that within 6 weeks I will get my offer of employment, fleet allocation, contract, etc. etc.

I know 100% from several sources that everything with the application file itself is okay. (no regulations from the goverment either, another company that would hire me for a different position, doesnt have any problems with resident permit etc.)

Since the first months of waiting, news got worse and worse from update to update.

Now I am still sitting in the talent pool, being told that there is no requirement for NTSO in 2013/14. At least not from anyone outside of their sponsored schemes. Since they rearranged the hiring process and they moved to a new building in Doha last year, they tend to prefer outside candidates over the ones they screened themselves in 2011/12/13. No logic there.

I know, market for low pilots is tough these days.
Back home, about 4 solid regional airlines went bankrupt the last year(s). No chance of flying general aviation, as typerated captains will fly for first officer salaries. Even bush pilot jobs with small single engined cessnas in africa take more than 500 hours. Time to move on! I got lucky and have another awesome job now, I wish everyone waiting that long without having alternatives the chances.

Any questions per PN only.
Happy landings to all of you and good luck!