PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 7th May 2013, 12:14
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nurse Betty vs The Establishment, top stuff!

Ziggy, welcome to the 'mystique of aviation'! The longer you work in the industry the more the mystique intrigues you! Keep up your good surgical work on that ailing patient CAsA. Yes, it is an industry in which those bestowed with the responsibility to ensure safety is upheld and exceeded prefer to concentrate on watering pot plants, ignoring internal reporting processes, spinning, evading, building ergonomic field offices (complete with worm farms) and stalling on implementing workable safe regulations.

An astute and interesting 'industry fellow' once told me this about aviation safety - "It's all a game, a very serious game, but all a game". I didn't subscribe to that view, still don't, but its true. To those charged with maintaining and ensuring, dare I say 'safe skies', it is all a game, a game of odds, a game of chance. They know that in Australia large passenger jets won't simply start dropping from the heavens, so they spin the wheel, knowing that number 13 rarely comes up. As Sunny would say "it's not until there are 3 smoking holes, then action will be taken". Unless of course there is enough tautological nonsense taking place to awaken the ICAO and FAA from their deep slumber. I believe those beasts may be stirring from hybernation, but whether they awaken fully in time is itself another 'mystery' yet to be played out perhaps?

Remember, the issues don't lay just with CAsA. The ATSBeaker is a basket case ( at least they used to be a decent outfit once upon a time), and ASA aren't out of the woods yet. All three portfolios have been plagued by mismanagement, ego driven narcissists, inept leaders and sociopaths.
Ziggy, its as if at some point in time somebody collected as much hospital waste as they could (pus, faecal matter, gangrenous organs and rancid stomach bile) stirred it around in a giant chamber pot, tipped it out and said 'Arise Australian aviation oversight'!
We will have to wait with baited breath and watertight fuselage until April 30 to see if our good trusted friends in the Senate have the power to insert a cataclysmic sized pineapple up the CAsA's empennage or whether the Senators are given the Gonski and shut down, mission terminated, celebrations cancelled.

Either way one thing won't change, Mr ESSO has little fuel left in the tank and he will soon run empty.

P.S I am intrigued with the similarities between CAsA and hospitals as both contain bed pans and chamber pots, both collect waste and both require constant cleaning to prevent disease spreading!

P.S.S Ziggy, I can't but help wonder if the governments health bureaucracy also spends copious amounts of taxpayer money on overseas jollies, executive bonuses and Hospital pot plant maintenance while people are dying and wards remain dormant and sealed up? Nah, don't answer, I think I have worked it out!

'Safe skies are ones embracing Ziggys crusade "

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 7th May 2013 at 12:17.