PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 7th May 2013, 11:24
Ziggychick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a Mess

Hi Y'all,

After reading, hearing and deducting some very important information. It is clear the management of our Aviation Industry is in trouble.
A quick comparison:
As a Registered Nurse in Intensive Care, a pre-hospital nurse for the V8 Supercars and other Motor sport events and as an Intensive Care Flight Nurse and Nurse educator I can give an accurate account of the problems within our health system and the need for change.
The need for change is necessary, as it can cause suffering to those wanting.
A typical ward nurse ratio is 1:6, Intensive Care 1:1 Flight Nurse 1:1.
Our ratio for harm is lessened thanks to change, there is still plenty to be done though.
My point being, that at any given time a pilot could have from 1 -400 peoples lives in their hands. Surely this would compel our Minister (especially the attention and current SI happening) to hear their voices. But it is a sad state that Speak no truth, Hear no truth and See no truth are monkeys sitting on their branch. A branch I would like to see fall as many of you I'd imagine would like to happen too.
If the Medical field can recognise and make change over time, same with aviation, maybe too long. Then why are C&A so protected. I know it's called politics, but there has to be more??
To every problem there is a solution.
Just a thought: I questioned the fellow I'm emailing at the FAA and I have pondered this to him:
The FAA visited Canberra twelve days after NGA ditched. Not much heard or a mention that I can recall. I would think that a visit from the FAA 12 post serious incident would raise some questions.
A non-technical rant, but good to get it out