PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your flying tales sought for BBC One Show
Old 7th May 2013, 09:21
Ballywalter Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your flying tales sought for BBC One Show

Reposting a plea from a friend who is looking for your flying tales for a 3 part feature on the BBC One Show.

My name is Jane Gillow and I’m a Researcher for BBC1’s The One Show.

We’re currently developing new ideas for One Show films for 2014/15 and we’re very interested in looking at flying clubs as we think they must attract people from all walks of life and are full of potential for great human interest stories.
I was wondering, would you mind putting some feelers out amongst your members to see what stories are out there with a view to turning this into a series of short documentary-style films for The One Show?

Some areas we are interested in are:

· The interesting and surprising places the aircraft are flown to

· Stories of bravery, camaraderie, friendship and teamwork

· Big characters in your club

· Enthusiasts of aerial photography who go out to capture landmarks or incredible views

· Someone with an interest in birds who goes out to capture a kestrel or other bird

· Someone who has been caught up in a dramatic situation while flying their aircraft – maybe they were involved in a rescue of some sort

· Firsts – if you were the first flying club to achieve something we would love to hear about it

· Unusual things that are transported via the aircraft

· Famous people who have a passion for microlights and other small aircraft

· Any big events or happenings planned for 2014 and 2015 that we could cover

Any info you could send me would be gratefully received. We would like to get some stories in by early next week if possible so it would be much appreciated if someone could look into this for me as soon as possible.

Many thanks,

Jane

Jane Gillow

Researcher

BBC

| T. 02890 338029| |E. [email protected]

Last edited by Ballywalter Flyer; 9th May 2013 at 10:53.