PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Social justice at Air Berlin (ex- LTU)
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2013, 08:42
Gordomac

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
What is disappointing is to read of the horrible atmosphere. Glad to have hung up my flying boots and to look back at the glory days. Definitely had the best. For Veterans to write about being treated like dirt is very sad.

From my balcony, I see guys turning Base on glorious sunny days but think (poor s--s). As a wanabee, 45 years ago, I would look up & be enthused. Dreadful change in the industry & I see nothing to recommend the career to the youth who ask me for advice.

But, I recall, when my fave company went bust in 1991. Like everyone, Cv's flew out of the window & my fax machine caught fire (no emails in those days. Got no replies & got stuck into the Garden. But, then, big envelope with LTU written on it.......Yeah.....I'm in, (I thought). Covering letter started, "Dear...................(yes, Blank). Since you are not a German National, do not reside in Germany and do not have German licences, we are unable to proceed with your application. Supporting data returned herewith. Signed...................(yes, blank). Blimey, hurt a bit but later, realised, I might just have been saved.

My point to all this is that it really is Dog eat Dog ! 60 year olds' will be self centred and push for 65 with all previous agreements etc & will whip the cream off the cake. Those on the "wrong" side of the fence, like Bixie, will be kept there by human nature. Dreadful. I see no solution but offer compassion .