PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 6th May 2013, 07:05
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil "27 vs 458"

Kharon:
Someone mentioned that the 12th is "estimates' day : that's a Saturday, (unless booze and old age have addled the marbles) can anyone assist.....
“K” had corrected my previous 12th date for the next RRAT Estimates see here: #1640

Cheers UITA you must have been on hols mate, as I had also provided a html link for the interim report back at #1616.

Just doing a comparison on surveillance procedures documentation/guidelines to our ‘brothers in arms’ across the ‘dutch’…..hmmm think I rather be an FOI/AWI in Nzud…

NZ Surveillance Policy (27 pages)
vs
OZ Surveillance Manual (458 pages)

Also noticed that the Oz SM has done away with the controversial STI now called a SRI which is used to establish the Systems Risk Profile of individual AOC/Approval holders etc:
3.8.1 System Risk Profile (SRP)
The SRP is a table of the most recent mitigated risk results for all assessed risks for an individual authorisation holder with full details of the risk assessments displayed in Sky Sentinel. When conducting an assessment of an authorisation holder, particular attention must be given to the composition of the SRP. The SRP provides a direct insight into an authorisation holder's ability to manage its systems risks.

The SRP is also represented as a numeric/colour indicator, the System Risk Indicator (SRI). The SRI shows the level of assessed mitigated risk (Extreme/High/Medium/Low) and is calculated from the ten most poorly controlled systems risks from all assessed risks in the SRP. It is displayed on the Authorisation Holder Assessment (AHA) page in Sky Sentinel as well as in other review pages.

The SRI score should be interpreted as follows:

• A red (Extreme Risk) SRI score indicates that considerable and significant system risk issues exist within the authorisation holder's systems demanding close attention

• An orange (High Risk) SRI score indicates that a number of system risks within the authorisation holder's systems are being poorly managed and require attention in the medium term

• A yellow (Medium Risk) SRI score indicates that, for the most part, the authorisation holder has control over its system risks

• A green (Low Risk) SRI score indicates that the authorisation holder has effective control over its system risks.
It would also appear that there is no longer any provision for the conduct of a ‘Special Audit’ (or if there is I can’t find it??). Which is interesting in context of this inquiry and the SAR/FRMS Special Audit??

Of course the NZud (much like the US, Singapore, UK etc..etc) system also doesn’t need to worry about EMs or IMs as enforcement and investigation isn’t part of their remit i.e. that’s the Ministry of Justice’s problem not the CAA. This leaves the equivalent of FF’s ‘Legislative Drafting Branch’ to carry out the more important task of amending the regs/Act to ensure it keeps up with the times in an ever-evolving world of aviation….makes sense to me!

Last edited by Sarcs; 6th May 2013 at 07:06. Reason: "K" isn't that the same Vic who was 265'd on his MECIR?