PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying to Vancouver from US - need some help.
Old 6th May 2013, 00:29
AdamFrisch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a quick post mortem:

Everything went beyond smooth. The US controller handed me off about 20 miles before the border and the Canadian TML controller couldn't have been more helpful when I said it was first time into Canadian airspace. Soon I was handed over to Vancouver's tower on a base leg for 26L and then cleared to land. Almost as if I knew what I was doing..

Clearing customs was also very smooth. Handed my passport over, told to sit tight and 10 minutes later the engines were turning again. The border guys even let me use their restroom! CYVR gave me a guided departure up the river to Pitt Meadows airport and again, couldn't have been more helpful. I didn't really fancy the $110 overnight ramp fee for a four days at Millionaire (now I know why they're called that...), so decamped to CYPK where the ramp fee was a little more bearable at $10 per night.

Now, getting back into the US with a plane that looks like a dead ringer for a drug runner will probably be a little more, shall we say; al dente...

Last edited by AdamFrisch; 6th May 2013 at 10:00.