PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie Federal Election Aviation Matters
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2013, 11:20
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steve, agreed. I will take back my comment a couple of notches. There are a handful of decent and genuine hardworking politicians. But sadly it is just a handful, the rest are as you pointed out earlier.
My old man was a member of the Painter and Dockers, an Uncle was one of the 89ers and my Grandfather worked on the Sydney Harbour Bridge construction (no sissy vests, harnesses or bloody long sleeve shirts) and I have and will always bleed union blood, but politicians and corporate parasites, combined with the current Labor party, make my blood boil. I do not tolerate injustice, hypocrisy or the sacrifice of a good persons scalp as being 'the Australian way'.

Although I wish some of the 'old days' were still here, I accept that things change. Sometimes it is for the best.
All I wish for is a party with balls, that will stand up for the nuts and bolts of this country, for the worker. A party that will say it the way it is, not bend over and prostitute themselves to the highest bidder. You guys bring the balls and a good portion of us will back you. Will you win the war? Buggered if I know, but you know what, really who cares, at least one can go to bed at night and sleep well knowing they fought for the rights of others and themselves. It doesn't matter what the personal count is, to sleep at night knowing that you have kept your dignity, beliefs and your 'very word' intact is more valuable than any of the bonuses and kickbacks that corporate grubs and political scum line up for..

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 4th May 2013 at 11:22.