PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - man-phl-las
Thread: man-phl-las
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2013, 10:44
purplehelmet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just returned from our fantastic trip to vegas, heathrow harry asked me to post how we got on so here goes. (still a bit jet lagged so please bear with me).
checked-in at man using the automatic check-in machine which was quick and easy, except for my friend I was travelling with used a different machine so we ended up with seats no where near each other for both flights, there must be a way round this but we didn't get chance to suss it out.
we were booked in to a vip suite a first for me at £18 probably the last.
flight left on time a us airways a330, it wasn't full so we managed to get seats together, uneventful flight but after a couple of hours my bum was numb (not much padding in the seats) the onboard service was ok as was the food. the i.f.e. touch screen was so slow it became annoying.
landed slightly early and cleared immigration etc no problem, as someone mentioned collected bags and dropped them at transfer point.
the onward flight to las was easy to find and we even had time for a couple of beers.
the flight to las was on us airways a320 which was small and cramped compared to the a330, also it was full so we had to sit apart, muggins here ended up with an ailse seat (not great when your trying to sleep).
again flight was on time.
return flight to phl was awful for me, again I ended up with an ailse seat but this time at the back next to the toilets, again no sleep..
shortly after take-off the captain announced we had a slight problem and that the undercarriage heat sensor warning had gone off so we would be slowing down and lowering the undercarriage for 5/10 mins to allow it to cool down, the noise was horrendous.
uneventful flight back to man on the a330.
in conclusion next time id either fly direct or have a lay over at the connection point, its a lot to do in one day and very tiring.
vegas was fantastic and one off the bucket list for me. but what goes on in vegas stays in vegas .
cheers p.h.