PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flap fairing missing on Singapore A380
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2013, 10:01
basenotic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flap fairing missing on Singapore A380

Hello !

As an humble aviation enthusiast, and simple passenger, I came here to ask a question to the professionnals.
Two days ago I took the SQ0025 flight, JFK to Frankfurt. Seated on the economy upper deck, I started the flight by enjoying the view from the window, and fell asleep... But when I woke up just after the beginning of the descent, I quickly noticed that something was missing, and I took some pictures. I'm pretty confident that the fairing went missing during the flight, because I would have taken pictures of the wing during push back if I had seen this before !

I quickly informed the crew and their attitude was suprised, but very professionnal. Calmly and quickly they informed the flight deck and said to the two other guys that had noticed the problem that everything was in control and the instruments looked all fine.

We landed quickly but I had the impression that the brakes were not used, or just slightly, because the 380 rolled quite long on the runway with the reverses activated, before coming to a stop.
Everything looked normal and in control, I was impressed.

Is that a common occurence to loose such stuff during a flight, and how could it affect the control of the airplane ?

Thnak you guys !