PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Grounded due to stress, anxiety
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2013, 09:54
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you have to look at your motivations for going into flying in the first place?
Was it a love of flying where you could not wait to be at the controls of an aircraft and begged stole or borrowed flight time?
Was it like a friend of mine who liked the glamour and status of being a pilot but not actually flying?
He seemed to enjoy walking around airports wearing his bars and getting the adulation of travelers more than using his savings to buy an hours flight in a PA28.
Was it a family thing where maybe your father flew and you went into flying to please him?
I was in a family business for years before going into flying because it was expected of me and I struggled in that family business looking forward to the end of the day because it was not me.
If you do something you do not really want it causes stress so you really have to examine your motivations for becoming a pilot and whether that is really the career for you?
It is important to have a job which you love and look forward to! I remember talking to an Airline Captain and asked him what he did for a hobby! He pulled out a picture of a pitts special aerobatic aircraft which he competed in in his time off.
Extreme maybe but you must love flying to put up with all the stresses of the job.

Only you have the answers and only you can be honest with yourself

Last edited by Pace; 4th May 2013 at 09:58.