PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes to working practices at LACC
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2003, 15:49
250 kts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IThink. I said you were ill informed and I maintain that position.

You were the one who raised the issue of "bungs".

Do you really know why the payments were made to the LACC staff 2 years ago? Well it had NOTHING to do with the system or even a sweetener for the c**p we had to go through. It was a recognition that staff were going to have spend many of their days off away from home accruing Days in Lieu with no prospect of them being able to take such time off and management couldn't afford for us to take those days off without a massive impact on the customers.

Indeed I accrued over 15 days in 2001 just because of my OCT programme, 10 of which I sold at the time and have only just been able to sell the outstanding days. I would much rather have had the time away from LACC with my family but there is no prospect that the WP agreement will allow extra leave columns to allow staff to get their rightful time off-even 2 years after it was worked. The situation at other units is radically different in that staff are able to take time in lieu owed relatively quickly within their roster and so the need to buy back doesn't apply.

I hope this clears up the perceptions within the rest of the company on this matter.

On a slightly different note. It is true that the sectors are not always at capacity but LACC suffered in excess of 50 overloads in it's first year of operation-probably more than every other NATS unit put together. Hardly a case of us not pulling our weight for the good of NATS. In fact I understand the new DGM saw a particularly bad overload for himself recently so at least there will be a realisation in upper levels of the crap equipment and particularly RT quality that we have to put up with.

There is a "can do" attitude at LACC but not at any cost. and if things are so good down here there will always be vacancies for those that volunteer.