PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boring old fart question about RAF no 1 rank braid
Old 4th May 2013, 07:06
Whenurhappy

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
OD - thanks for your observations on No 6 shoulder boards. The tailor at Uxbridge fabricated some rather smart stiff ones for me a couple of years ago and - pending another tour where it's warm and where I shall be wearing posh gear frequently - I will have individual braids sewn on.

I did note a minor sartorial error on my No 1s just recently (I wear them fairly frequently). The composite braid is sewn in to the top seam of the sleeve, rather than into the lower seam, where it won't be seen. I blame the Johnny Foreigner tailor I used a couple of years ago in Italy. Mind, he only charged me €10 to re-rank the tunic, transfer ribbons and brevet from my old jacket, that had, err, shrunk. Again, these will be going in for an overhaul soon, and I will get this rectified - but might go for individual braids, along with investing in some decent double-cuff shirts. Any recommendations of suitable smart shirts for No 1s?

Last edited by Whenurhappy; 4th May 2013 at 07:07.